Thursday, February 21, 2008

feeling kind of moody

concert's coming. not really upbeat about it. in fact, something's wrong. feel it in my bones. how come people are not commited? how come people like to talk so loudly during band practice? how come people like to produce sound on their instruments once the conductor stops? are u that attention-seeking? do u know what's called respect? do u know how to pay attention? so what if u are technically sound? does that give u the authority to continue sounding your instrument even though the conductor has stopped? how come people do things half heartedly? then why did u join the band? even the main committee has the 'fuck-care' attitude. come as and when u like. what's leaders for? there's no band spirit. there's no morale. it's like "ok, since i have to get points for hall, i join band + goodness-know-how-many-other activities". if u can be commited in your studies, why can't u be commited for band too? it's not like asking u to practise 24 hours / 7. it's only 3 times or more per week.

skills + commitment => good player
skills + little commitment => average player
skills + bad attitude => below average
no skills + bad attitude => why dun u just quit band?
no skills + lots of commitment => with more practice, can become good

maybe it's time to move on. on to something new, challenging, and maybe inspiring. if i have more details, i would make THE decision. i need my own instrument too. (anyone wants to sponsor me?)

next week is the last lap already. let's not give up and continue the race!

2 comments:

Mozart said...

I'm most people do have reasons for not coming for band practice. But I hope that situations will improve much more. I think the lacking thing in the band is the bond between everyone. We need people to support each other. About the committee, I hope we can show a good example to our members. We are to have more sacrifice for the band. But about the hall points, I think it's still insufficient. I hope that one day we are an individual club by ourselves and not a sub club. This can only be done by coming early for practice and having good attendance. Or course we need to have fun too. In this way then we can start our appeal and work our ways to get more point for committment. It all comes down to our sacrifice.

Mozart said...

I'm hope most people do have reasons for not coming for band practice. But I hope that situations will improve much more. I think the lacking thing in the band is the bond between everyone. We need people to support each other. About the committee, I hope we can show a good example to our members. We are to have more sacrifice for the band. But about the hall points, I think it's still insufficient. I hope that one day we are an individual club by ourselves and not a sub club. This can only be done by coming early for practice and having good attendance. Or course we need to have fun too. In this way then we can start our appeal and work our ways to get more point for committment. It all comes down to our sacrifice.